The How-to of Home Cleaning Volume 5
The duties of a housewife are just too much to count them all in an internet post. One of the most important of those duties, by far, is the cleaning. Maintaining a clean home means not only that it will look good, but it will also be a safer and healthier environment for you and your loved ones. This is why it is among the top priorities of the good housewives. Since it involves so much, I will try to give you some ideas, explanations, tips, hints and basics of the home cleaning. Hopefully, you will find it helpful in the future, or you will see the solution of a problem you have been struggling with for a while now. I hope you will find some use for these:
1. Instead of buying a shower curtain, make your own by stitching together a couple of towels. There is a downside of this, to be honest – the towels take longer to dry. However, the originality of the whole thing is worth it!
2. Get yourself an off-beat flower-stand, such as a ladder with a few shelves on it so that you can put your flower pots, or a wheel with baskets on it. If you want to do something strange outside, take a wheelbarrow, paint it in a funny colour and fill it with flowers.
3. Before you go out in the morning, check to see if everything is where it is supposed to be. This way you will not worry about putting things away if you are having a surprise guest right after work.
4. Always keep a vase of flowers on the table. It will act as a focus of attention in the room. You can put a bouquet of dried flowers, but, according to Feng Shui, you will have to clean it from dust every couple of days, so you do not interfere the flow of Chi.
5. Put a warm blanket on the soda or on an arm chair. The warm fabrics always bring in a comfortable feeling to the room. You can either fold the blanket or just let it fall freely – the effect in both cases is positive.
6. Change off books and family pictures on the bookshelf. Not only are they reminder of cherished memories and your personal signature in the room decoration, but they also give the room a unique atmosphere.
7. Towels will be soft as they have ever been, if you soak them in a mixture of vinegar and water every now and then.
8. The mug will not spill and leave spots on the table cover if you smear the top of its neck with a little bit of butter.