The How-to of Home Cleaning Volume 3
The duties of a housewife are just too much to count them all in an internet post. One of the most important of those duties, by far, is the cleaning. Maintaining a clean home means not only that it will look good, but it will also be a safer and healthier environment for you and your loved ones. This is why it is among the top priorities of the good housewives. Since it involves so much, I will try to give you some ideas, explanations, tips, hints and basics of the home cleaning. Hopefully, you will find it helpful in the future, or you will see the solution of a problem you have been struggling with for a while now. Here we go!
1. Spices freshener. Mix your favourite spices together to make yourself a bouquet of your favourite aromas and hang it in the dresser or in the closet.
2. Lavender air-freshener. Take a thin bag or a sock and put dried lavender leaves in it. Tie it and leave it in the dresser to not only give your clothes a nice, fresh smell, but it will also keep moths away.
3. The bottom of your thermos will be shiny as new if you fill it with water and baking powder and leave it like this overnight.
4. Revive your home – throw everything you haven’t used in the last year away.
5. Cleaning the shower curtain. The shower curtain can amass a lot of bacteria, because it holds humidity and accumulates mould. You can put it in the washing machine, along with a few bigger towels, add detergent and bleach (enough for a medium wash) and set the machine on a medium high temperature cycle. The friction between the shower curtain and the towels will increase the temperature of the water as well. The bleach will remove the mould and the towels will act as brushes and will scrape off the stains. The detergent will do the rest. After washing the shower curtain, hang it the bathroom and turn on the ventilation to get the humidity away. The steam and high temperature the next them you take a shower will get the wrinkles off the shower curtain.
6. Clean the fridge with a cotton towel. Pay closer attention to the corners where the most mould and fungus might be. In order to give the fridge a nice aroma, soak a cotton tampon in vanilla extract and leave it inside.
7. In the winter time, put the pieces of furniture closer together to create a warmer and cosier atmosphere. As for the spring and summer months, create some room between the pieces of furniture to make your home look more spacious.