How To Clean Burnt Food From Glass Stove Top
If you have a glass top stove, then you probably know the frustration of having something spill over it. As you watch it burn there, you think that your stove top is ruined forever. Thankfully, that isn't true, it can be cleaned. It does, however, take a lot of time and effort to do it. Different cleaning techniques work differently for each food spill, so try out the method described bellow, change it or mix the steps to find out the perfect way to clean the stain on your glass stove top.
You will need a plastic spoon, a small dish, some baking soda, lemon juice, a few soft cloths, some olive oil, a single edge razor blade, mild soap, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, and water.
1. Before you start, let the burner cool off completely, as a hot one will only lead to more problems.
2. If it's a thick stain, try to scrape it off with the plastic spoon.
3. If that doesn't work (or the spoon breaks), use the razor to remove the tougher parts.
4. Before working with the razor, soak the stain with olive oil to loosen and soften it.
5. Be as careful as possible as you try to scrape the stain off, and take extra caution not to scratch the glass surface.
6. When you've flattened the stain and the razor no longer catches anything, get the small plate and mix water and baking soda in it, until you have a paste. It should be as thick as toothpaste.
7. Coat the burnt food with the baking soda paste and leave it for 10 minutes. For extra cleaning power, pour some lemon juice over the paste.
8. When the 10 minutes are through, get a clean, dry cloth and scrub the stain gently. Never use anything abrasive, as it will scratch the glass top.
9. Repeat step 7-8 until the stain is gone.
10. If there's even a little trace left of the burnt food, use water and baking soda or Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to remove it.
11. When you've cleaned everything, use a normal mild soap and warm water to wash the surface.
Don't use the burner before you've removed the burnt food. Not only will it smell and damage your pots, but will also burn even more and become harder to get rid of.
You can use Bounce dryer sheets to clean burnt spills. Dampen one and put it on top of the burnt food. Leave it for about ten minutes and then scrub away the spill. If it doesn't work the first time, repeat.
If nothing works, but you don't really want to buy a new top, contact a professional cleaning company and ask them to see if they can clean it.